Are you planning to relocate but also worried about the moving cost? Your move will include expenses such as packing charges, labor charges, transportation charges, taxes, and many others. Whether you are moving across the city or nation, you are going to spend your hard-earned money on your move. Thankfully, various tricks can provide you with an economical move. This article will help you to save a substantial amount of money on your move. Read on to understand in detail.
- Collect free boxes and other packing supplies from the nearby grocery store. Check out the original packing of electronic items like your TV, AC, and refrigerator kept in your home. Packing supplies are very costly and you can save a lot of money by doing this. You can also ask your friends and family for extra moving boxing lying around in their homes.
- Choose the right moving date and time. If you are moving during peak season, it will cost you more. Schedule your move-in off-season as there is less demand for home and office shifting during this time. Plan your move in the winter season and also avoid weekends for shifting.
- Take quotes from at least three packers and movers in your city. This will give you an idea of the standard charges of packers and movers in India. Compare rates and choose the one that suits your needs and budget.
- Remove unused and unwanted items from the list of goods to be transported. There is no point in packing them. You can save a lot of money by reducing your move size. The fewer the goods, the lesser the moving cost.
- Carry lightweight goods and valuable items with you. You can reduce the weight and volume of your belongings in this way. When you carry these goods with you, you don’t need to pack them. This will also save you on the packing cost.
- Ask for discounts or concessions provided by moving companies. During the off-season, some movers and packers in Haridwar, Uttarakhand offer discounts on their services. If you are a student or a senior citizen, you can request discounts from the moving firms.
- Don’t pick movers who offer low estimates just to attract customers. They will demand additional charges once your goods are in their custody. You will have to spend more than required by hiring such moving companies. So, be cautious when hiring packers and movers in Haridwar and verify them thoroughly.
- Request to stop the utility services in your current location from the moving day. Forgetting this will make you pay unnecessarily for the services you have not used. Some service providers also offer discounts on new connections. Contact them to install utility services in your new location.
- Save a lot of money on the moving cost by planning a DIY move. If possible, do it on your own. This way you can save on labor and packing charges. Take the help of your friends and family in packing and loading the goods. However, if you do not have any experience in loading and lifting goods, drop this idea. You might hurt yourself in the entire process and have to spend a hefty amount on medical bills.
- Negotiate with your movers. Most of the packers and movers in Haridwar, Uttarakhand organizations are ready to negotiate and cut down the moving cost. You can request them to reduce the packing charges or transportation charges. Make sure you do not compromise the service quality by asking for discounts.
- Take insurance services offered by your moving agency. If your goods get damaged or lost during transit, you can claim compensation and save yourself from financial losses. Reliable movers and packers offer transit insurance to cover your goods from loss or theft.
- Do not take additional services from packers and movers in Haridwar. If you take value-added services like unpacking, rearranging, furniture assembly, and disassembly services from them, your moving cost will increase. Save money by doing these things on your own.
- Make sure you get a written contract that includes every detail of your move. It must mention the type of services, charges, payment terms, cancelation, and refund policies. Some movers ask for extra charges once your goods are transported.
- If you are moving for a job transfer, your employer will pay the bill. Take advantage of the employee relocation assistance scheme of your company. Also, business moves are liable to tax deductions. Save all the receipts and invoices and consult a professional for that.
The Final Words
Now you must be aware of how you can save money on your move. Do not only give importance to reducing the moving cost but also take measures to avoid extra expenses associated with a move. We hope that we have provided adequate information regarding how to cut down your moving costs. Keep these points in mind when relocating to have a pocket-friendly move.